Dakota's Nature Photos

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You Know It's a Hot Day When...



Today we were helping some of our family move to their new home. It was a scorcher of a day (100+ degrees), and I guess this little guy just couldn't take the heat. He came and sprawled out on the porch just long enough for me to snap this picture, and then took off. My cousin proceeded to place a dishpan full of water on the deck in case he returned, but apparently he found refreshment elsewhere.

2 observation(s):

Amber Noella said...

Aww, he looks kinda happy! I love how he just "stopped for a visit" and then took off. Bet it was real hot.

Liv said...

Great timing! Poor Titmouse. I usually see these birds in the winter. There is a clay saucer I fill with water on the edge of my garden, and the birds drink from it frequently. It's been really hot here too.