Dakota's Nature Photos

Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Picture and Blog Button


Until I began photography, I had very little interest in flowers and whatnot. With that said, I know the names of only a very small number of flowers such as roses, daisies, etc. Thus, I cannot give you much information as to what kind of flower this is, other than that it is some sort of wildflower. Once again, please comment if you can identify it.

Also, you may have noticed that I now have a new blog button on my sidebar as well as the code for you to embed it on your own site. If you've enjoyed my photos, please put in on your page, and then be sure to comment and let me know so I can go and see!

2 observation(s):

Amber Noella said...

I love the photo! I looked it up, and I COULD be Garden Phlox. Take a loot at this picture here http://www.flickr.com/groups/purpleflowers/discuss/72157618715869617/


You see how there's a little bit of yellow in the center like yours? And it's the same color and number of pedals.

Dakota said...

You could be right, Amber. I found another photo of a Garden Phlox here: www.main.nc.us/graham/wildflowers/Garden%20Phlox.jpg.
This one seems to resemble the one in my photo even more closely. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there are many varieties of phlox, so perhaps there are variations in this particular type of flower.