Dakota's Nature Photos

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Armadillo


My philosophy when photographing animals is to get as close as possible, and I was thrilled to get this close-up of an armadillo my sister spotted on our property.

3 observation(s):

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

We had a wonderful Lab/Pyrrenes mix (she had her own website: http://mommadawg.multiply.com/) but I didn't have the camera the morning she was barking so long and so loud that I rushed out to see what Tyrannasaurus Rex was headed our way. Instead, there was a slowly plodding armadillo working its way across the drive while Momma Dawg ran circles around it trying to herd it away from the house.

Well shot!

Dena E's Blog said...

Awesome Dakota!!!!
Armadillos are so odd they are cute :0) I have only seen them on the sides of the hwy. while traveling through Fla.
This is the first time I've seen one up close and alive...THANKS
Dena

ElegantChicken said...

This is the first time I have ever seen an Armadillo, even in a photograph!