Dakota's Nature Photos

Monday, October 31, 2011

Go Cardinals!


I know I've already shared this picture once, but I wanted to do it again here to show my excitement for the new World Champions of baseball: the St. Louis Cardinals. With little more than a month left to play, my favorite team was 10.5 games out of the running. Even with only 5 games left to play in late September, we still had a 3 game deficit to cover if we hoped to make the playoffs.

Not only did we make the playoffs, but we beat the highly-favored Philadelphia Phillies in round 1, and the Milwaukee Brewers in round 2 to win the Pennant. In game 6 of the World Series the Texas Rangers were twice one strike away from winning it all, but 11 innings of comeback baseball eventually payed off when our MVP (David Freese) hit a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 11th to force game 7. Game 7 was slightly less dramatic, with a final score of 6-2 in our favor.

This is the 11th World Series championship for our beloved St. Louis Cardinals, second only to the Yankees in this category. We're never favored to win, but that makes it all the more exciting when we do!

5 observation(s):

Joshua said...

I was rooting for the Cards to finish off the Rangers because the hated Rangers play in my favorite team's division--- the AL West. I am so glad the Cards pulled it off. That sixth game was a memorable one, no doubt.

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Unknown said...

Excited much? :) If I didn't know you better, I would say you really don't like the Cardinals! JUST KIDDING! :) I'm glad they won... For your sake... And my brother's... And my Dad's... And... Well, you get the idea! ;)

Dakota said...

Kate,

I was thirteen when they won in '06, so I still remember that championship well. But I didn't really follow them at all until they were on the verge of winning the pennant, so it was really great this year when they won after I've followed their games all year long.


Dakota

Karissa Noelle said...

I'm a Red Sox fan, but they weren't even in it, so I was rooting for the Rangers. But, I was really happy for the Cardinals, cause they played great in the entire playoffs, like you said. My mom grew up with Chris Carpenter, which is pretty cool. I also met his dad one time, which was really neat. :) Congrats to the Cardninals, and your favorite team. Have a great day! Karissa
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Anonymous said...

Nice post thanks for sharing...God bless you!