Dakota's Nature Photos

Sunday, October 31, 2010

As the Lily Among Thorns



In case you've ever wondered, picking an appropriate verse for my inspirational photos is always a difficult task. I thought I'd decided on John 10:28 as the theme verse for this shot, but reading the text of the above passage made me change my mind very quickly. I hope you like this final version.

4 observation(s):

Amber Noella said...

I guess you could put a lot of verses to these kind of photos, huh?
You know what other verse you could put to that creek photo? (Well, check out the whole chapter, but this verse:)
"I thirst for You, my body faints for You in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water." Psalm 63:1
The whole chapter just melted me!
And then that photo of the moon would go good with verse 6: "I meditate on You during the night watches because You are my help."

(Okay, one more!)
And verse 7 for that bird picture or something: "I will rejoice in the shadow of Your wings."

Sorry, I just got inspired with Psalm 63 & adding verses to photos. I paint verses & quotes on my art, & I think I'm going to start doing that with my pictures! (well, maybe not with paint!)

Blessings to your photography!
-Amber

Dakota said...

Those verses are great! I'm definitely going to refer back to this comment in the future. I don't know about you, but I usually have in my head the general idea of what I'm looking for and then will use an online concordance to search key words or phrases within the Bible. To me, adding a verse to a photo or painting accentuates both the picture and the Scripture. For example, Ephesians 2:1 is a passage I've read numerous times, but I probably never would've linked it to standing out and being different if I hadn't seen it side by side with that leaf shot, you know? It just seems to make the Word of God come alive in a unique way.

By the way, you should really check on this website. The lady there does great inspirational photos, and some of her shots have actually given me ideas on verses to use in the future.

http://www.naturespraise.com/photogallery.html

Amber Noella said...

Okay, I am SO inspired right now! That website is awesome!
When I paint or draw something, I love to make it shout a message about God. A few days ago, I saw a picture of hands holding a baby bird & it reminded me of God saying "I've got you in the palm of my hand" & so I drew that & it's so special to me because I'm like that baby bird. I think I want to make something out of that, whether through paper art or photography to it being a sorta, "secret message" about God & His awesomeness.

Anyway, sorry for all the long comments, I just feel all energetic inside with all these ideas coming at me!

Dakota said...

Not a problem! I remember when I found that website for the first time. It was back when I only had one photo in my Inspirational section, and it was a huge eye-opener. It showed me that you could do much more with Scriptures and photography than I had been thinking you could, and since then I add a verse whenever I can.