Dakota's Nature Photos

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nature in Action

Daddy Long Leg and Walking Stick

I was lucky enough to get this shot of a Daddy Long Leg killing a Walking Stick Bug. While it isn’t exactly pleasant, it’s about as nature as you can get.

3 observation(s):

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

*chokes* All I can say is...praise the Lord it wasn't a stinkbug.

Signed with horror,

Squeaks.

P.S. I suppose, if I liked spiders, I'd say this was a great shot...but I don't, so I can't really offer any comments XD
*mutters* guys and bugs *blecht*

Dakota said...

Technically, these aren't considered spiders. They don't have eight eyes nor do they spin webs. Nevertheless, I'm not overly fond of them unless it means getting an interesting picture. :D

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

You see, that's what the majority of people say...but I say that anything with thread-like legs that looks LIKE a spider is a spider. It's my way of categorizing all horrors into one category :P but *whispers* the picture does capture an interesting aspect.

Squeaks.