Dakota's Nature Photos

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Moon & Streetlight


Is it just me, or does this photo remind you of Narnia?

4 observation(s):

susanwalkergirl said...

Oh I like that one Dakota...you do nice work and are able to capture the beauty of God's creation!

Amber Noella said...

I just looked outside my window, & "my" moon over here looks just like that! (Well, I guess obviously.) I like the contrast of the two. If you took a picture of the moon alone, I think it would make a great cover of a mystery book or something, you know, with the dark sky & everything.

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

That's so beautiful! The moon just rose over here :P It's so bright out because of the moonlight that you can run full tilt ahead and not break your ankle XD

I really like how you captured the craters on the moon and the dusky yellow glow of the lamp.

In the background I'm seeing either clouds or mountains...they're lit up by something; is that the moon or the remainder of the sunset?

Squeaks.

Dakota said...

Squeaks,

Though the subject was surrounded by many mountains, those are actually clouds in the background, as you guessed. And yes, they were being partially lit by the remainder of the sunset.

Thanks for the comments everyone! This is a new favorite of mine, and I was hoping you'd like it. I don't think I've ever had three people comment on the same photo. :D