Dakota's Nature Photos

Friday, October 8, 2010

Mallard Ducks

Blog Picture

I went fishing this evening, and the park where we were at had dozens of ducks. Even though I came to fish, I couldn’t keep myself from getting a few shots of these beautiful creatures. As it turns out, photography was the only area I had any luck in seeing as I didn't catch anything.

As you'll notice, I experimented a little bit by fading the edges of this shot. Of the many books I've been reading on photography, one photographer suggested it as a means of keeping the viewers' eyes from wandering away from the main subject. That is, it reminds us of what we're supposed to be looking at! Anyway, I thought it turned out pretty neat. Besides that, I think this picture just turned out pretty cool all the way around.

0 observation(s):