Dakota's Nature Photos

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The First Flowers of Spring




No, this photo didn't come from my archives. I was looking for something worth taking a picture of this afternoon when I spotted these flowers starting to bloom and, at a distance, thought it must have been some kind of yellow yard ornament. But upon closer inspection, I realized that my Grandma's crocuses are indeed blooming. Goodbye winter!

6 observation(s):

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

That's an absolutely wonderful picture! I can't believe you guys have flowers out already! We still have snow here...sometimes it gets up to a foot in some places, although now there are quite a few spots of earth showing. I love mud! XD

Squeaks.

Vicki M. said...

Lovely photo, I'll have to go out looking for spring flowers where I live.

ajfcello said...

Beautiful flowers and focus! We just got snow/sleet/hail here so, if there were any flowers coming up, they're gone now. :-(

vanilla said...

That certain thrill when one spots the first flowers of Spring! Nicely done.

Erica Vetsch said...

There's something so brave and vibrant about crocuses.

Anita said...

Love this picture!