Dakota's Nature Photos

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Anybody Have the Time?



I took this picture a few weeks ago when we went to the park, and I can't help but thinking they look like dozens of little pendulums swinging back and forth. What do you think?

By the way, I wanted to take a minute and let you guys know that my contest entry formed recently malfunctioned and I've been unable to view the two most recent entries. If you tried to send me a photo over the past two days and it's not yet listed in the Current Entries section, please resubmit it!

6 observation(s):

Zachary Bruno said...

Sweetgum tree?

Dakota said...

Yup!

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

Wow! I've never seen a picture like that before...the tree looks weirdly fascinating :P Are the fruit thingies prickly? Never heard of a sweetgum tree before :P

Squeaks.

Dakota said...

Squeaks,

Yes, they are very "pokey." :D

Here's a photo of what they look like up close that I found on google.

Dakota

Zachary Bruno said...

Haha, yeah our neighbors have 3 or 4 of those trees.. when ever I cut the grass and those things are all over the ground, the lawnmower kicks them all over the place...LOL

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

Sweet! Thanks Dakota! Those are such unique...poky thinks lol! They remind me of the burs on thistles. Now it definitely wouldn't be fun to have one of those around during a violent windstorm... *shudders* just think of those little spiky's flying through the air and getting ya XD lol

Squeaks.